Have you heard? We have just been certified cruelty free by PETA! Our cruelty-free commitment goes beyond products to include the ingredients we get from suppliers. This means that no animals are harmed at any point in the process.Tell Me More
How to Work Oil Scrubs into Your Skincare Routine
You’re already familiar with oil cleansers: those magical face washes specially formulated to melt makeup oh-so-effortlessly while feeding skin with all the nourishing goodness of a beauty oil. Oil scrubs are exactly that, only with the added exfoliating powers of a face scrub. Best of both worlds, right? Here are a couple ways to work these multitasking cleansers into your facial skincare regimen:
1. Use in place of your regular face scrub when skin is dry. Using oil scrubs is easy! We suggest using them in place of a traditional exfoliator like our St. Ives Fresh Skin Scrub whenever your skin feels extra dry. We especially love it for colder months when our skin is in need of extra moisture.
2. Use as a makeup remover. Similar to regular oil cleansers, oil scrubs are miraculous when it comes to melting off stubborn makeup. Thanks to lightweight yet skin-nourishing pure grapeseed oil, our oil scrubs are great for most skin types—even oily ones! Because grapeseed oil is a lighter oil, it’s less likely to weigh down skin and clog pores.
3. Use to prep skin before a face mask (especially sheet masks!) For some serious skincare make sure to get the most out of any face mask you use by cleansing with an oil scrub beforehand. When you do this, it removes all the daily grime buildup on your skin. This ensures your face is perfectly primed to receive all the treatment’s benefits. Sheet maskers might notice that your skin looks and feels extra dewy when applying a sheet mask after using an oil scrub. This combination is extra effective because your skin drinks the hydration from the mask as the oils from the scrub work to seal the moisture in. Cool, right?
How to Use Oil Scrubs
Okay, so you know why and how you should work an oil scrub into your skincare routine. But hold up—what exactly are the actual face washing steps for how to use oil scrubs correctly? Here’s a quick guide:
1. Shake and squeeze a small amount (dime-sized is a good start) of Apricot Oil Scrub into *dry* hands.
2. Next, rub hands together to distribute oil evenly around palms.
3. Massage gently onto face (again, *dry*).
4. Now, add warm water, continuing to massage in small circles to emulsify the oil. Once it turns milky white, rinse with warm water.
5. When you’re done rinsing, pat dry with a towel and admire your soft, glowing skin!
Which oil scrubs are best for my skin?
Now that you know all about oil scrubs and how to use them, which ones are right for your skin? Certain oils might be more or less effective for you, depending on your skin type. To err on the side of caution, and to make sure you’re not risking clogged pores by choosing the wrong oil, we suggest sticking with a lighter oil like grapeseed oil.
Both our oil scrubs use 100% pure grapeseed oil, meaning that they’re completely non-comedogenic! For those who like a deeper clean, we suggest reaching for our St. Ives Apricot Oil Scrub, which is made with the same natural exfoliants as our iconic St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub. For everyone else, try the St. Ives Coconut Oil Scrub, which is made with crushed coconut shell powder to gently clean and soften skin. Here’s to more protected, better nourished, softer skin!
What’s a Face Mist and Why Add it to Your Skincare Routine?
From beauty editors to your BFF, everyone is talking about face mists right now. If you haven’t tried one, you’re seriously missing out! Have questions? We’ve got answers. Read on to learn everything you need to know about the must-have skin care product of the moment.Tell Me More
Why Using Moisturizer Before Makeup is a Must
Thinking about skipping face wash or moisturizer before applying your makeup? Think again. If you want a flawless looking complexion it’s not about layering on the foundation. It turns out the key is to start with clean, hydrated skin. Intrigued? Check out our top pre-makeup skin care musts!Tell Me More
When to Use Face Mist for Glowing, Hydrated Skin
While you can use a face mist anytime, there’s more to the story. And that’s exactly why we’re here! Discover the best times of day and specific moments to use a hydrating facial mist. Still not exactly sure what a face mist is? Check out our other article, What Is a Face Mist firstTell Me More